Wishing all you lovely people a very Happy and a fantabulously-awesomely-awesome New Year! Hope you're having a great start to the year. If anyone cares to know, I am quite enjoying myself so far. My idea of enjoyment? Stay under warm blankets and just read! If you get bored, keep the book aside and pick up the laptop,
stalk people use Facebook, or listen to music. Needless to say, I'm so in love with holidays that I just-don't-want-next-week-to-come! I don't want to go to college, don't! :| Anyway, till the time I have left to live like a normal sweetie girl (stop snickering, you), I'd be smiling and laughing and doing what I call 'fun'! Alright, it's a new year and those of you who've been here longer than a year might remember that I'd posted a huge list of stuff, not resolutions, but something like that, things I'd like to do in 2012 and also in my lifetime. To see the whole post, click here. Let's just do a yearly review, before going on to resolutions for this year?
Same time last year, I thought I'd:
1. Mend cracks with a friend: Uhh. Catching up with some old friends on Facebook counts? Well, even if it doesn't, I don't mind. I've had some renewed definitions of who really are friends this year, and I'm happy enough to know the difference. :)
2. Cut that fast food: Except for the occasional KFC burger (and okay, pizza too), I'm not eating out much. I'm anyway not a fan of fast food, so this is quite alright.
3. Freewheeling: Bicycling basically. No, I didn't get a bicycle and the only one time I used someone else's, I got two dogs running after me like totally stupid perros!* I guess we'll just postpone this to the time when we have some animal control in this city and we, the citizens can walk freely without thinking about possible animal-hazard.
Puzzling: Didn't happen!
Creating your own signature scent: Didn't get anyone to accompany me to the old Delhi apothecaries for ingredients :|
Play with Clay: That pottery club is too far!
Back to your Mother Tongue: Sorry, didn't happen!
Actually, let's cut it. I couldn't make any of those things happen. Topic closed.
Moving on to some
promises suggestions I'm making to myself for 2013, considering you know, how I'll have no respite from college and the useless work all through the year. Really. At this moment, normalcy and fun seems a far fetched reality. Still, I'm going to dream and hope for something good! *Stubborn* you see ;)
1. Don't let anyone, ever, bring you down. I've had a lifetime's share of unfairness and people taking advantage when you're being 'nice'. Doesn't help much, as far as I can see. Simply help those who deserve it, and love those who love you back. Drama over.
2. Learn when and what to say. Excitement is the culprit. I just have to get comfortable and then I'll definitely say something silly/idiotic/non-sense. Work-on-it! Though I have to say, I have been a bit better in this case, mostly because there aren't many people anyway with whom I get at 'that' comfort level, so yeah. It's in progress.
3. Don't go overboard with teasing. Alright, I love teasing, just those whom I really like, mind you. And not in a harmful way either, just in a light manner, for fun. But I'm not able to stand the same thing happening with me for long. So I guess, even if some people don't get visibly upset or moved in any way, I should still curtail it, right?
4. Write more. Look, even though I still am writing here, I know I need to do some serious practice if I don't want to let my sadist college snatch this thing from me. Aright, I'm being dramatic, because nothing can really snatch something you can do, but still. Lack of practice makes it worse. So, weekends are reserved for writing. Whatever it is. A review, a blogpost and I hope, I start with story-writing too. I really want to start!
5. Actually write some Theandric Thursday posts. I can safely be called the worst host ever! Anyway, those who haven't read any TT post, click here see what it is! That's my first TT post and re-reading those comments has made me emotional :') It's not the best TT post, though. Click on Theandric Thursday under 'labels' to see other posts. I will write more. *serious face*
6. See the good even in the bad. College, for example. However much I dislike it, I'll have to do my best to see the positive aspects of it. Friends is one, studies should be another. C'mon girl, think about it. People don't even get an education and you're getting one and cribbing about it! If it gets too much, leave out some things, won't matter much.
7. Focus on improving personality. As much as I like staying the way I've always been, it does make a difference when you're actually doing something for real improvement. Cut the stubbornness, know how to improve and work on that.
|In short, yeah ;)|
8. Read and review more books. I'm targeting two posts a week on my book blog (if you're fond of books, please go see that!). If not two reviews a week, then one review and one anything. It's going good and I intend to keep it that way. ;)
9. Well, 9 is a good number and even if I don't have a solid point, I had to make the points to 9! I'll just be me, like they say be yourself and won't do anything for purely selfish reasons. And yes, I've sort of decided to make at least one person, a non-reader, read a book. Fiction! And well, I'll just be good. ;)
This is the first post of 2013! I took three days to write this! And I'm saying it like it is a good thing, stupid me. I guess it's just pre-college nervousness. God, I wasn't even so anxious when I had to go to this college for the first time. I'm so weird, really! ;)
What have been your goals for this year?
PS- *Perro: Dog in Spanish.